Local Family History Societies
New South Wales Local Family History Societies
- Albury and District Historical Society
- P.O. Box 822 ALBURY NSW 2640
- Armidale Family History Group
- P.O. Box 1378 ARMIDALE NSW 2350
Meetings second Tuesday of each month, March to November
Membership commences on 1 July. $30.00 Single. $35.00 Family.
Every member receives bi-monthly newsletter "Dust of Ages", free advertising in newsletter and member's interest directory.
Research can be carried out for members and non-members at a cost of $30.00 for one hour's research and must include an A4 size, self addressed envelope.
Home Page: http://www.familyhistoryarmidale.org
- Family History Group of Bathurst, Inc.
- P.O. Box 1058 BATHURST NSW 2795
Home page: http://www.rootsweb.com/~nswbfhg
- Bega Valley Genealogical Society
- P.O. Box 19 PAMBULA NSW 2549
- Bellinger Valley Historical Society
- Hyde Street, Bellingen, NSW, 2454 (Near Council Offices)
The Bellinger Valley Historical Society Museum is open from 10:00am to 2:00pm, Monday to Friday, availability of volunteers permitting.
Phone: (02) 6655 0382
Correspondence should be addressed to the Secretary or President of the BVHS, PO Box 490 Bellingen 2454.
Bellingen Gen Web http://www.rootsweb.com/~nswbelli/
- Berrima District Historical & Family History Society, Inc.
- PO Box 131, Mittagong, NSW, 2575
Phone: (02) 4872 2169
Home page: http://www.berrimadistricthistoricalsociety.org.au
- Blayney Shire Local & Family History Group
- c/o The Library Adelaide St. BLAYNEY NSW 2799
- Blue Mountains Family History Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 97 SPRINGWOOD NSW 2777
The Society meets at 10am on the second Friday of the month (December and January excepted) in the Springwood Frazer Memorial Presbyterian Church Hall, 160 Macquarie Road Springwood.
Guaranteed volunteers are on duty in the Family History section of Springwood Library from 10am to 1pm Tues and Thurs, Feb to Nov.
Volunteers can be found at the Springwood Library on other days, but this is not guaranteed.
Katoomba Library 2nd and 4th Tues of each month 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Details of guest speakers and their topics, outings, seminars etc as well as members' interests are on the website: http://www.rootsweb.com/~nswbmfhs
- Botany Bay Family History Society
- P.O. Box 1006 SUTHERLAND NSW 1499
Telephone: 02 9523 8948
Research Centre & Library
Port Hacking Community Centre
184 Gannons Road (Sth), Caringbah 2229
Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am - 4pm, Saturdays 10am-2pm.
Also open 4th Tuesday of each month 6pm-9pm*
Meetings, with guest speaker, 1st Wed each month (not Jan) commencing 7.30 at Multipurpose Centre 123 Flora St Sutherland 2232
Visitors and new members welcome
- Broken Hill Family History Group
- P.O. Box 779 BROKEN HILL NSW 2880
Phone (080) 881 321
- Burwood and District Family History Group
- c/o Burwood Central Library 4 Marmaduke St. BURWOOD NSW 2134
Phone (02) 9744 9131
- Camden Area Family History Society Inc.
- PO Box 679 CAMDEN NSW 2570
Website: www.camdenhistory.org.au follow link to Family History page.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (note underscore between camden and history)
Meetings are held at 7.30pm on the first Tuesday of each month (except January) in the Community Meeting Room at the Camden Library / Museum complex, 40 John Street Camden. We ask a small fee of $2.00 per person for supper. Visitors are always welcome.
Membership : July to June, single $25, couple $30 (for concession rates see web-page)
Journal twice yearly : Camden Calling
Newsletter presented at each meeting : The Camden Valley Voice (and on our website)
Family History room at Camden Library (staffed by Society volunteers) is open Thursday/Friday 10am to 3pm and Saturday 9.30am to 12noon.
Research fee required when visiting our family history room. Research can be carried out for a fee of $25 per surname, this includes up to 15 pages of photocopying, additional pages 20 cents each and A4 stamped self addressed envelope required. Check our website for 'family file' names. Photographs copied at $5 each (includes p&p). See our website for further details.
All enquiries to our postal or email address.
- Campbelltown District Family History Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 57 CAMPBELLTOWN NSW 2560
- Canterbury Genealogy Discussion Group
- 38 Browning St. CAMPSIE NSW 2194
- Cape Banks Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 67 MAROUBRA NSW 2035
Phone (02) 9398 5179
- Casino & District Family History Group, Inc.
- P.O. Box 586 CASINO NSW 2470
- Casino & District Historical Society Inc.
- Website: www.rootsweb.com/~auscdhs
- Central Coast Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 279 GOSFORD NSW 2250
Home page: http://www.centralcoastfhs.org.au
- Cessnock Family History Study Group
- P.O. Box 225 CESSNOCK NSW 2325
- Cobar Genealogy Group Inc.
- P.O. Box 239 COBAR NSW 2835
Phone (02) 6836 1516
President: Myra Miller
Vice-President: Rita Stubbs
Secretary: Nancy Shanahan
- Coffs Harbour District Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 2057 COFFS HARBOUR NSW 2450
Location: Rear 169 Rose Ave Coffs Harbour
Phone: (02) 6651 6126 during opening hours
TUES to THURS 10-4pm, SAT 10-4pm except 4th Saturday in the month when we have workshops
President Stan GORDON (02) 6658 7955
V-President Nora SECOMBE (02) 6652 1604
Treasurer Jane GOW (02) 6658 3355
Secretary Marlene GORDON (02) 6653 2345
- Coonamble Family History Society
- P.O. Box 452 COONAMBLE NSW 2829
- Corowa Rutherglen Genealogical Co-operative
- P.O. Box 33 WAHGUNYAH VIC 3687
- Cowra Family History Group
- P.O. Box 495 COWRA NSW 2794
Home page: http://cfhg.webs.com
- Crookwell & District Historical Society
- P.O. Box 161 CROOKWELL NSW 2583
- Deniliquin Genealogy Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 144 DENILIQUIN NSW 2710
Web site: http://bordernet.com.au/~denifhg/
- Dorrigo Guy Fawkes Historical Society
- Dorrigo and Guy Fawkes Historical Museum
Corner of Myrtle and Cudgery Streets, Dorrigo, NSW
Open: Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, and most school holidays from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
President: Lynn Burke
Secretary: Lorraine Edwards
Phone: 02 66571956
- Dubbo & District Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 868 DUBBO NSW 2830
Phone (02) 6881 8635
Home page: http://www.dubbofamilyhistory.org.au
- Echuca-Moama Family History Group Inc.
- P.O. Box 707, Echuca VIC 3564
Meets in the Moama Community Centre, Martin Street, Moama, NSW on 3rd Thursday 8 pm from September to April and 3rd Saturday 1.30 pm from May to August. (No meetings in December and January)
Home Page: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~emhist
- Forbes Family History Group, Inc.
- P.O. Box 574 FORBES NSW 2871
Phone (02) 6853 1139
- Glen Innes & District Historical Society Inc.
- P O Box 371 GLEN INNES 2370
Land of the Beardies History House Museum & Research Centre
Cnr West Ave & Ferguson St ( Gwydir Hwy west)
Ph/Fax/Ans 02 67 32 1035
In person $25, appointment essential - archivist Miss Mary Lamplough, usually at museum weekday mornings, 9 - 12; other times by arrangement.
Mail/email initial cost $30 inc photocopies of cards & postage.Other costs:
scan & burn image to CD $5;
print microfilm of Examiner newspaper articles @50c;
photocopies of Govt Gazette references @30c;
other photocopies 30c x A4 & 40c x A3;
books from book list on website various prices;
prints from photographs various prices.
- Goulburn District Family History Society
- P.O. Box 611 GOULBURN NSW 2580
Hon. Secretary Mrs Robyne White
Meetings every second Monday of the Month; none in December or January. 7.30pm start.
Meetings held in the local family history room situated in the Goulburn library, Civic Centre, Goulburn.
Contact phone number - Garry White 048 21 1156
Research carried out for a fee of $10.
- Griffith Genealogical & Historical Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 270 GRIFFITH NSW 2680
Phone (02) 6962 1650
Home page: http://users.dragnet.com.au/~ggahs/
- Gundagai Family History Group
- c/o Library, Shandan St. GUNDAGAI NSW 2722
- Gwydir Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box EM 61 EAST MOREE NSW 2400
Phone (02) 6754 0254
- Harden-Murrumburrah Historical Society Inc. & Museum
- Albury Street Murrumburrah NSW 2587
President and Research Officer: Robyn Atherton
PO Box 237 Harden
Volunteer research $7.50 per half hour
Professional research by arrangement
Museum opening hours: Saturday 10:30am - 4:30pm Sunday 2pm - 4:30pm or by appointment
- Hawkesbury Family History Group
- c/o Hawkesbury City Council Library
300 George Street WINDSOR NSW 2756
Phone (02) 4560 4466
- Hay Historical Society Inc.
- PO Box 467
Hay NSW 2711
Home Page: http://users.tpg.com.au/hayhist/index.html
- Holroyd Family History Group
- Meets 3rd Monday of every month from 11am to 3pm in Merrylands
New members welcome
Secretary: Dorothy Warwick
- Hornsby Kuring-gai Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 680 HORNSBY NSW 2077
- Hurstville Family History Research Group
- c/o Hurstville Municipal Library, MacMahon St. HURSTVILLE NSW 2220
- Illawarra Family History Group, Inc.
- P.O. Box 1652 WOLLONGONG 2500
President: Beverly Booth
Secretary: Pat Dunham
Meetings are on the 3rd Wed of the month at Wollongong Guide hall Thomas St, Wollongong at 7.30pm. All welcome.
Phone (02) 4229 5220 or 4284 7080
Home Page: http://www.rootsweb.com/~ausifhg
- Illawarra Historical Society
- Home Page: http://www.illawarramuseum.com/
- Inverell & District Family History Group
- P.O. Box 367 INVERELL NSW 2360
- Lavington & District Family History Society
- Please address all correspondence to President, Mrs Lillian McGrath, 571 Nagle Road, LAVINGTON NSW 2641
President - Lillian McGrath 02 6025 2938
Treasurer - Anne Christian 02 6025 4101
Secretary - Joy Rochford 02 6025 4393
Research will be carried out on your behalf, for a payment of $10.00 per hour, plus cost of photocopying, photography (if requested), postage etc. At least $20 to be forwarded with initial research request.
Contact Lillian McGrath 02 6025 2938
- Leeton Family and Local History Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 475 LEETON NSW 2705
- Lithgow & District Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 516 LITHGOW NSW 2790
Phone (02) 6355 6207
All information about the society may be found on the web site: http://www.lisp.com.au/~ldfhs
- Lightning Ridge Historical Society Trust
- PO Box 1 Lightning Ridge NSW 2834
Phone (02) 6829 0747
- Little Forest Family History Research Group
- P.O. Box 87 MILTON NSW 2538
Phone (02) 4455 4780
Secretary Cathy Dunn
Home page http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~cathyd
- Liverpool Genealogy Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 830 LIVERPOOL NSW 2170
Web page: www.lgs.org.au
Email contact: email@example.com
- Macleay River Family History Group
- P.O. Box 390 KEMPSEY NSW 2440
Phone: (02) 6562 7572
Fax: (02) 6563 1537
- Maitland Family History Circle
- P O Box 247 MAITLAND NSW 2321
Home Page: http://www.rootsweb.com/~ausmfhc/
- Manning Wallamba Family History Society
- P.O. Box 48 TAREE NSW 2430
Phone (02)6553 7536
Home page: http://www.geocities.com/manningwallambafhs/
- Mid Blue Mountains Historical Society
- Home Page: http://www.midmountainshistory.org.au
- Milton Ulladulla Family History Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 619 ULLADULLA NSW 2539
- Moruya & District Historical Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 259 MORUYA NSW 2537
Phone: (02) 4474 3224
Email (Research Officer): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muswellbrook Local & Family History Society
- Nambucca Valley Family History Group
- c/- Lot 1052 Upper Warrell Creek Road MACKSVILLE NSW 2447
- Narooma Family History Group
- c/o Narooma Library, Eurobodalla Council NAROOMA NSW 2546
- Nepean Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 81 EMU PLAINS NSW 2750
Phone (02) 4735 3798
- Newcastle Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 233 LAMBTON NSW 2299
Home page: http://www.nfhs.org.au
- Northern Beaches Family History Group
- 47 Wandeen Rd. BILGOLA PLATEAU NSW 2107
- Nowra Library Family History Group
- 10 Berry St. NOWRA NSW 2540
- Orange Family History Group
- P.O. Box 930 ORANGE NSW 2800
- Parkes Family History Group
- 316 Clarinda St. PARKES NSW 2870
- Parramatta Family History Group
- PO Box 1384, Parramatta 2124
Secretary: Ken Smith
The Group meets the 1st Saturday of the month at 1.30 p.m. (except January) in the
63 Hassall Street
New members and visitors welcome.
Web address is: http://www.parramattahistorical.org.au/fhg.html
- Parramatta & District Historical Society Inc.
- P. O. Box 1384 Parramatta 2124
Phone No. (02) 9635 6924
63 Hassall Street (corner of Gregory Place)
Web address is: http://www.parramattahistorical.org.au
Monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday in the month (February to November) at 7.30pm in Burnside Public School Hall, 1 Masons Drive, North Parramatta
Initial research carried out for a fee of $20.00
- Picton & District Historical & Family History Society
- P.O. Box 64 PICTON NSW 2571
Home page: www.stonequarry.com.au/padhfhs
- Port Macquarie and Districts Family History Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 1359 PORT MACQUARIE NSW 2444
Home page: www.rootsweb.com/~nswpmfhs
- Port Stephens Family History Society Inc.
- P.O. Box 32 TANILBA BAY NSW 2319
- Richmond-Tweed Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 817 BALLINA NSW 2478
Marie Hart Library
6 Regatta Place, Ballina. 2478
Open 10.00 am - 4.00 pm Mon. Wed. and Sat. (except first Sat. of the month closes 12.00 noon)
Mthly Meetings held at The Players Theatre 24 Swift Street, Ballina 1st Sat. 2.00 pm - 4. pm
Phone: Hon. Secretary Lynette Komidar
- Richmond River Historical Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 467 LISMORE NSW 2480
- Ryde District Historical Society Inc.
& Family History Study Group
- "Willandra", 770 Victoria Rd. RYDE NSW 2112
Phone: (02) 9807 7137
- St. Marys & District Historical Society
- Website: www.stmaryshistoricalsociety.org
- Shoalhaven Family History Society, Inc.
- Research Rooms: Greenwell Point Rd., Pyree
Open Every Sunday and Every 1st & 2nd Thursday of the Month 10am - 4pm. Also open on the second Tuesday evening of each month from 6 - 9pm.
PO Box No. 591, Nowra 2541
Phone (02) 0432 474 912 (open hours only) or 4423 1584
- Family History Society - Singleton, Inc.
- P.O. Box 422 SINGLETON NSW 2330
- Springwood Historians
- Weblog: http://springwoodhistorians.blogspot.com
- Tamworth & District Family History Group, Inc.
- P.O. Box 1188 TAMWORTH NSW 2340
Home Page: http://www.tamworthfamilyhistory.org
- Tamworth Historical Society
- Calala Cottage 142 Denison St. TAMWORTH NSW 2340
- Tumut Family History Group
- P.O. Box 238 TUMUT NSW 2720
- Tweed Gold Coast Family History & Heritage Association
- PO Box 6729, Tweed Heads South 2486
- Wagga Wagga & District Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 307 WAGGA WAGGA NSW 2650
- Warialda Historical Society
- PO Box 234 WARIALDA NSW 2402
- Wingham Family History Society
- P.O. Box 72 WINGHAM NSW 2429
- Wyalong District Family History Group Inc.
- PO Box 73 WYALONG NSW 2671
- Wyong Family History Group
- P.O. Box 247 Wyong NSW 2259
Phone : (02) 4351-7373 (Tues - Thurs, 10.00am - 3.00pm)
Secretary Email: email@example.com
Internet Site: http://rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nswwfhg/
The Group operates out of the research centre located at 'The Cottage', Wyong Community Cultural Centre, 6 Rankens Court, Wyong, NSW (Entrance via the old school grounds) and meets there on the 2nd Thursday of the month.
- Young & District Family History Group, Inc.
- P.O. Box 586 YOUNG NSW 2594
- Central Queensland Family History Association Inc
- Website: cqfamilyhistory.org.au
- Caboolture Family History Research Group Inc. (CFHRG Inc)
- PO Box 837 CABOOLTURE QLD 4510
Telephone: (07) 5428 2018
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The aims and objectives of our Society are to assist and encourage members in their study of Genealogy, Heraldry and Family and Local History. Our Library at 55 King Street, Caboolture ("The Old Fire Station") is open: Monday - 9am to 3pm Wednesday - 9am to 3pm Friday - 9am to 1pm (for a trial period) Saturday - 9am to 3pm - 1st,2nd and 3rd Saturdays of the month 9am - 12 noon - 4th and 5th Saturdays of the month The Monthly Club Meeting is held on the Second Saturday of every month commencing at 1pm. These meetings are held in the common room at the Caboolture Family History Library.
- Cooroy-Noosa Genealogical & Historical Research Group Inc.
- Home Page:www.genealogy-noosa.org.au/
- Gold Coast Family History Society Inc.
- Home Page:www.goldcoastfhs.org.au
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs Family History Society
- Website: http://www.tddfhs.org/
Western Australia Family History Societies
Meetings are held on the second Saturday of every month at 7.30pm at 'The Residency', 321 Marine Terrace. All are welcome.
- Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc.
- 6/48 May St Bayswater,
Western Australia 6053
Tel: (08) 9271 4311 Fax: (08) 9370 1572
- Busselton Family History Society
- Website: http://members.westnet.com.au/busgen
- Carnarvon Genealogical Society
- P.O. Box 1049
CARNARVON WA 6701
- Geraldton Family History Society
- The Residency
321 Marine Terrace
PO Box 2502
GERALDTON WA 6531
Home Page: http://members.westnet.com.au/gfhs
The library is open to members during the Cultural Trust Library hours :-
Mon-Fri 10.00am to 2.00pm
Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm
Visitors are most welcome on:
Thursday afternoons 12.30pm - 2.30pm
Tuesday mornings 10.00am - 12 noon
Saturday by appointment only
when a member will be on duty to supervise and assist. There is a small fee for Non Members for the use of our facilities and a fee for all users of the microfiche readers.
Society activities include displays held at different venues in the city and workshops are now being held on a regular basis.
The new committee are:
Jess Lowrie President
Lynda Ralph Secretary
The fees for membership are:
$28.00 Annual Membership
$ 5.00 Joining Fee
From this fee $6.00 per person goes to the Cultural Trust which makes you a member of the Trust with the use of their lending library and other facilities.
- Eastern Goldfields Historical Society
- PO Box 643, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: 90 93 333 60 or Sec: 90 919181
The Society boasts one of the largest collections of photographic images (40 000), maps, and reference material on Kalgoorlie/Boulder & the whole of the Eastern Goldfields. The Society is situated at the Old Boulder Power Station building, Hamilton Street, Boulder.
- Goldfields Family History Society, Inc.
- P.O. Box 1462 KALGOORLIE WA 6430
- Great Southern Family History Society WA
- Home page: http://firstname.lastname@example.org/
- Narrogin Family History Centre
- c/o 24 Fox St. NARROGIN WA 6312
- Southern River Family History Centre
- P.O. Box 108 MELVILLE WA 6156
Family Associations(If you would like a free listing for your family association, post details to:
Internet History Resources, 23 Edith St, Leichhardt, NSW 2040 Australia
or email Angus McInnes: email@example.com )
- The Chalker/Charker Society of Australia
- This family society consists mainly of descendants of William Charker, also known as Chalker, who was transported to Sydney in 1802.
- The Everingham Family Association
- P.O. Box 1039 Ashfield 1800
Phone (02) 9326 3290
The Association is made up of descendants of Matthew James Everingham, who arrived in 1788 as a convict on the First Fleet, and his wife, Elizabeth Rimes, also a convict, who arrived on the Second Fleet.
Return to NSW Family History Documents front page
Copyright © Internet History Resources 1996-2013